Have you been know – how exactly to make an application for a Veteran ID Card (VIC)
A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a type of photo ID you should use to obtain discounts provided to Veterans at numerous restaurants, accommodations, shops, along with other companies. Determine if you’re entitled to a Veteran ID Card—and just how to use.
Am I entitled to a Veteran >
You might qualify in the event that you meet both of certain requirements the following.
These two must certanly be real. You:
- Offered on active responsibility, into the Reserves, or into the National Guard (such as the Coast Guard), and
- Gotten an honorable or basic release (under honorable conditions)
You’re not eligible for a Veteran ID Card if you received an other than honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable character of discharge. Before we approve your application if you have an uncharacterized or unknown discharge status, we’ll have to verify your eligibility.
You’ll need certainly to offer a duplicate of one’s release documents whenever you make an application for a VIC to show your character of release.
Take note: Retail vendors volunteer to be a part of this discount system. In case a continuing company chooses to make discounts available to Veterans, it does not imply that we’re suggesting or favoring that business.
Just how do I make an application for a Veteran >
You are able to use online now.
You’ll require this information
Once you use, make sure to have these readily available:
- Your Personal Safety number
- A copy that is digital of DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22 you could upload. This might be in a .pdf, .jpeg, or .png file www.russianbrides.us/ukrainian-brides structure.
- A duplicate of a present and valid government-issued ID, such as for example a driver’s permit, passport, or identification card that is state-issued.
You’ll likewise require a color that is digital of your self through the arms up. The picture should follow all those requirements:
- Show a complete view that is front of face and throat (without any cap, mind covering, or headphones addressing or casting shadows on your own hairline or face), and
- Be cropped from your own arms up (just like a passport picture), and
- Explain to you along with your eyes available and a basic phrase, and
- Be studied in clothing you’d use for a driver’s permit picture, and
- Be considered a square size and also a white or background that is plain-colorwithout any scenery or other individuals into the picture), and
- Show everything you seem like now (an image taken sometime within the last ten years), and
- Be uploaded as a .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .tiff file
What are the results once I submit an application for a Veteran >
When you’ve submitted your VIC application, we’ll check your eligibility and verify that:
- Your character of release suits eligibility needs, and
- The ID you presented (driver’s license or passport) is legitimate, and
- The image you’ve selected to show up in the card satisfies the picture demands
After we’ve verified your eligibility, we’ll send you an e-mail letting the status is known by you of one’s application. While we verify your eligibility if you have an unknown or uncharacterized discharge status, your application will take more time to process. (we might need certainly to request your documents through the nationwide Personnel Records Center.)
From us asking for additional information or evidence to process your application, you’ll need to sign in to AccessVA and update your application with the information we ask for if you receive an email.
Look at the status of one’s application once you use
It is possible to check in to your AccessVA account to test the status of your VIC application.Sign directly into your AccessVA account
Supercede your Veteran >
To request a brand new card, please send us a message. E-mail us at email@example.com
Get assistance with the application
Us an email if you have any questions or need help, please send. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about the way the Veteran >
Will my Veteran ID Card replace my other armed forces ID cards?
No. Your Veteran ID Card won’t substitute your Veteran Health Identification Card or your Department of Defense ID Card.
You should use some of these types of ID to obtain the exact exact same discounts:
- A Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC), or
- A Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card—either A access that is common cardCAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card, or
- A state-issued driver’s license or ID with a Veterans designation Note: if you’d like if you already have one of these, you don’t need a Veteran ID Card, but you can still apply for it.
You can’t make use of your Veteran ID Card to:
- Prove your eligibility for almost any benefits that are federal or
- Access bases that are military installments, or
- Access military commissaries or exchanges, or
- Present as a kind of identification during the airport, or
- Look into a VA hospital, or
- Show as proof your retirement through the Armed Forces, or
- Show as proof wartime service to obtain a unique permit dish through the Department of automobiles